3/13/10

Tomorrow

Dalton's words send a chill down Dani's spine and she stares into his eyes, truly surprised. He... he loved her? Love? She doesn't have time to respond before he's kissing her again and she doesn't resist. Love... was that the feeling she had for him? Was that why she missed him when they were apart and why she always wanted to be around him? Was she really... falling in love with him?

Resuming the passionate exchange, Dani's hand slips under his collar again, feeling his warm skin. She ran her fingers softly to his chest, then his shoulder, feeling scars she'd never seen. Her palm is so smooth it glides over his skin, moving from his shoulder to the back of his neck again. She could totally get lost in this moment and never want to be revived. Love?

Drawing back just a little to catch her breath, she brings her hand up to run down his face. There were people who would find him downright unattractive. He was big and not anything like what Dani would have pictured herself with before. But the more she saw his heart, the more she loved his face. The more she saw his tenderness... care... Christianity... devotion... the more she cared. From the outside, he could be labeled at first glance as a big oaf. But to Dani... knowing what was on the inside... he couldn't be more handsome.

Tracing his cheekbone, she moves her fingertip down to his lips, running over them lightly. "I... I think I love you too," she whispers.

Starting to smile again, she returns to wrapping both arms around him tightly, going back for his kiss.


Leo can feel just a bit of heat coming to his cheeks at Cassy's comment, and for a long moment, he doesn't respond at all, leaving a strange silence as he remains on his back. Finally he does speak though. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe I woulda gone out for a drink that night anyway, or maybe our paths would have crossed some other way."

His eyes give her a sidelong glance. "I don't think I'm all that, but it's nice to be appreciated for once." Taking the piece of paper, he folds it and tucks it into his jeans pocket before returning his hand to the back of his head. "I don't work tomorrow," he offers. "Short notice, but if you're up to it, I got all day to kill."


Scott closes his eyes as another single tear escapes. Curling up tighter, feeling Hope behind him did bring some comfort. And she trusted him. Even in his horrid state where he thought he couldn't control anything, she still trusted him. It made him feel even more rotten for being so weak.

Even in the fog though, part of his mind remained lucid and knew his surroundings and the time. His grip on her hand tightens. "It's late," he manages hoarsely. "You... you need to go."


Alec enjoys the fast right with Ryan, knowing that she was a very skilled driver. He was good, but he didn't have racing experience like she did. Once in town and hearing her question, he looks over to her and shrugs a little. "Oh... I don't know. I don't like being locked up, especially when I'm holding up my end of the deal. I figured if I wanted to go somewhere, I was gonna go."

A wry grin emerges. "Easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Reese wants me too badly now to enforce too harsh a punishment. I've got a bargaining chip now. As long as he thinks I still have information to share, he won't lower the boom. Now coming to get me tonight..." he shrugs again. "Jason got there awfully fast and I'd like to know how, but I don't really care. If Reese wants to waste time with babysitters, it's his loss, not mine."

Seeing an empty lot ahead, he points to it. "Pull over here."

No comments:

Post a Comment