3/19/10

Staring

Reese watches Ryan leave and lets out a little sigh. He didn't know about her... he just didn't know. She seemed to have a very good head on her shoulders, but Reese didn't believe she'd rat on Alec if she found out anything bad, regardless of who was in danger. It might be considered loyal, but it could be dangerous, and Reese just hoped that she'd be smart around Alec.


Alec grins when he sees Ryan, and puts a hand up alongside her face as she kisses him. "Mmm... I think that made me feel a little better," he surmises. "How about we see to make sure?" Pulling her head back down, he gives her an even longer kiss. "Yeah... yeah, I definitely think you help. We'll have to do this more often."

Rick is standing nearby and he catches Misty's eye, rolling his eyes.

Alec leans his head back again and gives a little shrug. "I guess I'm feeling about as good as I look. How long we got today?"


Dr. Hawks nods, his tone remaining gentle. "I'll continue to keep you informed... I know your situation is kind of unique with the relationship you have with Scott - I know you care, and I'm glad to see it. Too many times we get patients dropped off here by family members who have stopped caring because it's just too much effort."

Standing up, he sees Hope to the door. "I have a time set up this afternoon to see Scott again, but you will probably be gone. If anything happens, I'll be sure to let you know."


Sitting on the floor under the window, Scott crosses his legs and remains in silence. Last night had not been a good one. A nightmare had woken him in a panic and he'd made it all the way down the hall before an aid had caught him to keep him from falling down the stairs. It had taken an hour to settle down after that. Needless to say, no sleep had come after that. Dark circles were under his eyes and his expression was weary. He didn't know or care what time it was. If he had to be somewhere, they would come and get him.

He could go for a walk. He could go to the library. He could find activities to stay occupied. But he just didn't want to. All motivation was gone. All had was his silence... and the images that ran through his mind. It was a nightmare of the past. And it was Agency data, colliding into one mass of chaos. Maybe he really was going crazy.


Ty grins and wanders closer to Libby, his thumbs hooked in his jeans pockets. "Yeah, I'll be dead at work tonight, but I couldn't sleep. Bike ride was good though."

For a quiet moment, he searches Libby's eyes, looking for something he'd seen last night. Was that same timid spark there? The one that had approved of their kiss? He wasn't sure. Was today different? Or did she still feel the same way? Was it a one-time, never-do-that-again thing, or was it something she still wanted? He couldn't find the answer in her gaze, and he bites his lip, realizing he'd been stuck staring.

"Uh..." He looks away, trying to get his mind to function again. "I wondered if you would be able to take a break for lunch." He shrugs. "If not, I figured I'd just hang out for a while or something."

No comments:

Post a Comment